Giving in support of First Saint Paul’s mission is a God-pleasing and fulfilling way to participate in our community of faith. We cheerfully give to express our gratitude to God for His love and generosity in providing all that we need to serve Him. This act of faith supports the ongoing ministry of the church—proclaiming Christ, nurturing faith, and serving others.
Opportunities for giving
- Weekly Sunday giving supports our annual budget, which helps First Saint Paul’s carry out our mission and ministry throughout the year.
- Each fall during Stewardship Season, we encourage members and friends to commit to regular giving in support of our annual budget by completing a Plan for Giving. These commitments help church leaders plan for the year ahead.
- This summer we began a capital campaign to raise $300,000 for the Preserving God’s House Fund, which supports improvements and maintenance of our building and grounds.
- Gifts through Planned Legacy Giving ensure that the church can to continue proclaiming Christ, nurturing faith, and serving others well into the future.
- Other gifts directly support special ministries like First Saint Paul’s Community Meals, Foot Clinic, Wunders Cemetery, Lenten Caring and Sharing campaigns, and music programming, as well as the church at large through Lutheran World Relief, Lutheran Child and Family Services, and similar organizations.
There are several ways to make financial contributions
- Placing cash or checks in the offering plate during Sunday worship, or mailing your check to the church office.
- Using the Online Giving Form.
- Directing gifts of securities through the church's financial secretary.
- Sharing your Planned Legacy Giving commitments, also with the church's financial secretary.
The mission and ministry of First Saint Paul’s Lutheran Church in Chicago provides a variety of opportunities for all ages to worship, to join in fellowship, bible study, and to serve others in our congregation, our neighborhood and around the world.
We welcome you to be at home among us!
First Saint Paul’s is a 501 (c)(3) organization. All gifts are tax deductible and acknowledged according to tax code requirements.