Please join us on Sunday, September 9 as we kick off our fall programs with worship at 9:30 a.m. followed by fellowship and refreshments. Then we’ll pack school kits for Lutheran World Relief as we learn more about fall program opportunities for all ages.
Packing school kits for Lutheran World Relief is a fun and meaningful all-ages service opportunity for everyone in your household. If you’d like to donate needed items, you can buy items listed below (please, only those items listed) and bring them to the church by Sunday, August 26th. You can also serve by bringing your spare change to church on August 26th for our “Change for Change” children’s coin collection during the worship service. The change collected by our kids is used to buy additional supplies. Our goal is to pack 80 school kits.
If members of your household have taken part in our programs in the past, this is an opportunity for you to catch up with friends and learn about new programs this year. If you’re new to the area, new to First Saint Paul’s or just want to learn about our fall program offerings, you won’t want to miss this.
See what's in store as we as a community of faith continue to proclaim Christ, nurture faith, and serve others in the strong name of Jesus. We welcome you to be at home among us.
School Kits Shopping List
- FOUR 70-sheet notebooks of wide- or college-ruled paper, approximately 8” x 10 ½”; no loose leaf paper
- ONE 30-centimeter ruler or a ruler with centimeters on one side and inches on the other
- ONE pencil sharpener
- ONE pair of blunt scissors (safety scissors with embedded steel blades work well)
- FIVE unsharpened #2 pencils with erasers
- FIVE black or blue ballpoint pens (no gel ink)
- ONE box of 16 or 24 crayons
- ONE 2 ½” eraser